Google pay or G pay is a digital wallet and mobile payment platform developed by google. It enables users to make fast, easy, and secure payments with android devices online, mobile apps, google services, and in-person contactless purchases, it is the main purpose of google pay. Google Pay uses Near Field Communication (NFC) to interact with payment terminals.
Users need to link debit or credit cards to their google pay account used for all the payments and transactions. Then users can authenticate with google pay with a passcode, 3D face scanning, or fingerprint recognition.
Google Pay App
Google pay account using the Google pay app
- You need to download the google pay app to your devices and you can simply download it from Google pay or the Apple app store.
- Then open the google pay app, enter your phone number and sign in with your Google account. Follow the instructions and add a credit or debit card within the cards tab.
- For the first time using the app, you need to tap Get started, then choose a payment method to add, then take a photo of the card or add your information.
- So then google will verify the user via SMS or email authentication.
- After that, you can simply use the google pay app on any contactless payment terminal.
Users need to look for the contactless payment symbol or google pay symbol before the payment. There are hundreds of banks, payment providers, and transit agencies that work and support google pay. Mainly cards from Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discovery give support for google pay. So, no need to worry about making payments using google pay.
Google Pay Payment Methods
Steps to pay on supported websites with google pay:
- We can use any browser for google pay.
- Look for the google pay purchase button to check out that site supported for google pay.
- When doing payments normally asked to choose the card that you want to use and confirm its 3-digit security number.
Steps to do in-app purchases with google pay:
- Click and open a google pay supported app.
- Then look for the buy with google pay button and press it.
- Then normally here also asked to choose the card you want to use and confirm its 3-digit security number.
Steps to do in-store purchases with google pay:
- Go to the contactless terminal and look for the google pay symbol or contactless payment symbol.
- Then launch google pay on your device.
- Then hold your device over the terminal and wait until you hear a beep sound that confirms the transaction or until you see a checkmark.
Google Pay Safe or Not?
Google pay uses the world’s most advanced security infrastructures and multiple layers of security to protect your payment information and keep your account safe. No need to worry about paying in stores, because google pay doesn’t share your actual card number with them.
What is Google Wallet?
Google wallet was the first mobile payment service app that was launched by google in 2011. Google wallet allows smartphone users to store credit and debit card information for online and in-store purchases. It was difficult to use because users need to open the app and enter a pin to access user cards.
Is Google Wallet, the same as Google Pay or not?
In 2015 Android Pay was released as a replacement for google wallet and it was refocused to strictly on peer-to-peer (P2P) payments.
In 2018 Google wallet and Android pay merged and created Google pay for contactless payments in-store and peer-to-peer payments online in a single app.
In 2022 Google announced the return of google wallet during google I/O 2022. And it is going to allow us to store debit, credit cards, event tickets, vaccination cards, flight passes, digital IDs, and driving licenses.
What is Cash App?
Cash App is a peer-to-peer money transfer developed by square’s parent company; Block Inc. Cash app also similar to a bank account because it provides a debit card called a “cash card” that allows users to make purchases using the funds in their cash app.
Cash app can use to transfer money to your friends or request from them, pay for goods and services, pay bills as well as purchase cryptocurrency through the platform. Cash app added the ability to buy and sell bitcoin in 2018 which gives it a unique feature from the other popular payment apps.
Safety of cash app:
Cash app uses a combination of encryption and fraud protection technology to protect its users. The cash app will automatically cancel the transaction when fraud has detected any issue during the transaction. For more protection app will send the user a one-time-use login code when logging into the user’s account.
And also, the cash app includes a feature to enable a security lock. If a user’s card is stolen or lost then he/she can disable the cash card using the cash app.
How to setup and sign up for cash app account:
You can sign up for an account online or you must first download the cash app available for android and iOS. Then you need to make your account by adding your name, zip code, and either an email or phone number. Then you can see several tabs they provide for its various services, including banking, debit card, investing, payments and bitcoin.
Benefits of cash app:
- The cash app doesn’t charge any fees on basic services.
- The cash app account provides an optional free debit card (Cash card).
- If the user sets up a direct deposit, the cash app provides the user to free ATM withdrawals.
- Cash app provides a cash bonus for you when your friends join using your referral code.
- The cash app gives you the ability to invest and the cash app gives you bitcoin compatibility for a small service fees.
What is Apple Pay?
Apple pay is a mobile payment service for apple devices that was launched in October 2014 by Apple Inc. It is supported on iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, Mac, and safari browser. It allows you to make payments using your device instead of a card.
Apple pay does not require apple pay specific contactless payment terminals. This gives you to make an easy, secure, and private transaction in stores in apps, and on the web.
Safety of Apple Pay:
Apple pay is a most secure way to pay than using your physical credit and debit cards. Apple pay uses advanced security features to the hardware and software of your device to protect your transactions. Apple doesn’t retain any transaction information and doesn’t store original debit or credit card numbers that you use with apple pay.
Apple pay protects your account by using two-factor authentication via touch id, face id, PIN, or passcode and you can set a more complex passcode for even greater security.
How to start to pay with apple pay on an iPhone or iPad:
To start to pay with apple pay you need to use the apple wallet app to set up apple pay on your iPhone or iPad. On iPhone, you can directly find an apple wallet and open it. On iPad go to setting and click wallet & apple pay. Then tap add debit, credit card, and continue. You can use your device camera to capture your debit, and credit card information and fill in additional information.
Then after bank will verify your information. Sometimes you need to call your bank or you may receive a text message from the bank to continue your verification. After the card is verified you can start things using apple pay.
How to start to pay with apple pay on the apple watch:
First, need to open the watch app on your iPhone (My watch tab). Then scroll down to wallet & apple pay then tap ad card. After the things same as on the iPhone and your bank will verify your information then you’ll receive a notification on your apple watch that you can use your card for apple pay.
Benefits of apple pay:
- Apple pay is a secure payment method that was arranged with privacy in mind.
- Making a payment with apple pay is fast and easy.
- Customer can get funds quicker and reconcile also easier.
- There are no other hidden or additional chargers for using the app.
- You can make purchases even when you’re offline and apple pay allows user to set up recurring payments easily without any trouble.
What is Samsung Pay?
Samsung pay is a similar payment method to apple pay and google pay. Samsung pay is a mobile payment service developed by Samsung electronics in 2015. It is allowing users to pay for a service or goods by tapping their Samsung device near a contactless payment terminal or any online payment without using cash or card
Safety of Samsung Pay:
Samsung pay is used to protect the details of users by Samsung’s Knox real-time hacking surveillance and rooting prevention. They don’t store the actual card number, only store an encrypted version of the card number that is sent to the payment terminal, not the real card number.
You need to authenticate yourself on your phone before making a payment by Samsung pay. For that, you can use the fingerprint sensor, pin code, or via iris scanner on devices that have one. In addition, Samsung pay offers ARM Trust Zone to further protect your transaction information.
How to set up the Samsung pay app:
You should first download and installed the full version of the Samsung pay app to your supported device. Then you should need to sign in to your Samsung account. If you haven’t an account you can create one through the Samsung pay app. You will need to set up a verification method for the Samsung pay app and you can use a fingerprint reader, iris scanner, or PIN option.
Then you can add the card details and that app will activate the camera and ask you to aim it at the front side of your credit or debit card. After the app detects the details and asked to enter the CVV code, your name as it appears on the card. Then you will be asked to verify your card, for that follow the instructions that are shown in the app and you need to sign the card by drawing inside the box provided on the screen. Now your card is added to Samsung pay and you can make payments.
Benefits of Samsung pay:
- It is easy to use, no need to carry multiple credit or debit cards.
- With Samsung pay, paying is very simple and fast.
- You can make purchases virtually everywhere.
- Your details always safe as best-in-class security use.
- No any hidden additional chargers.
What is PayPal?
PayPal is one of the most popular online financial services that make payments for things online and send and receive money safely and securely. It is an American multinational financial technology company and it was launched in 1998 by confinity. This company officially took the PayPal name in 2000. Then eBay gets all the properties and handles the company.
In 2015 PayPal started its journey as an independent company. PayPal achieved its targets by acquiring other companies that specialized in digital money transfer, payment markets, and some more digital marketing-related companies.
Safety of PayPal:
PayPal has several extra layers of protection and several industry-standard security features by ensuring that merchants or any one never see your sensitive data. PayPal also uses a bug bounty program to weed out vulnerabilities before it’s too late and uses features to keep accounts secure, including email confirmations for transactions, end-to-end data encryption, and optional two-factor account logins.
How to create a PayPal account:
Before you create a PayPal account, you need to decide what kind of account you need. That is a personal or business account. Then it is easy to sign up for a PayPal account and you can do that using your computer or mobile phone by logging paypal.com site or through the PayPal app. You can download the PayPal app from the App Store or Google play. Then click the sign-up button. Now they will ask if you want to sign up for a personal or business account.
Benefits of PayPal:
- PayPal gives fast, easy, and secure payment processing.
- It is available in 190 markets and 24 currencies around the globe.
- No, hidden or long-term chargers.
- More than 117 million buyers look for PayPal when purchasing online.
- 14% less expensive than other credit card processors.
What is Venmo?
Venmo is a mobile payment service as a peer-to-peer payment platform with social network features. You can send or request money with emoji-studded text messages as shown up in a Facebook-style feed which you can change the visibility of your payments as shown to friends only or kept private. Venmo account holders can transfer funds to other Venmo account holders easily and so fast through the mobile app.
You can pay for things online at authorized website or in-person with Venmo debit card or new Venmo credit card. To use Venmo account, you must live in the United States and have a U.S. cell phone number.
Safety of Venmo:
Venmo uses data encryption to help protect users against unauthorized transactions by monitoring their account activity. The app includes PIN and fingerprint-based login options and two-factor authentication. If your phone is stolen or lost you can access your account by logging on to Venmo’s website and then you can change your permission settings. So, Venmo has taken measures to protect its users from theft.
How to set up a Venmo account & How Venmo works:
You must first set up an account by downloading the Venmo app from the Apple store or Google play store or at Venmo.com. Then add your name, address, and phone information, and enter your bank account information. You must need to link a bank account to your Venmo account for making payments with Venmo.
Once you are signed up you can easily pay someone or request money from someone. You can’t pay or request money through the website using a mobile app you can make transactions by tapping “Request or Pay” depending on the action you want to take.
Benefits of Venmo:
- Easy, quick, and convenient payments.
- Venmo doesn’t have monthly or annual (regular) fees.
- Venmo offers a debit card and a credit card.
- Low fee for credit card payments and can pay for purchases at select businesses.
- Venmo adds a social element to payments.
What is Alipay?
Alipay is also a third-party mobile and online payment platform where users can send and receive money easily without using cash. Alipay is the most popular payment option in Asia. It is established in Hangzhou, China in 2004 by Alibaba group and its founder Jack ma. Alipay payments are supported in many countries and currencies. Alipay is China’s equivalent to PayPal but most of the options are similar to Apple pay.
Safety of Alipay:
Alipay offers several advanced security features to ensure your data is safe and keep your transactions safe. Alipay uses advanced encryption technology to protect your data. Alipay uses real-time monitoring for review data to detect a user’s risk level as well as review all payments. Also, Alipay uses a risk management framework to stop money laundering and to protect from fraud attempts at bay.
How to setup Alipay account & How does Alipay works?
This Alipay app is free to use and you just need to create an account. For that add your name, card details, and other necessary details in simple steps. To make a payment simply you can enter your PIN and complete the payment. You can make payment by scanning the merchant’s QR code with your phone and entering your PIN.
Alipay gives a 90-day pass to use for tourists and business travelers visiting to China. To get that pass they also need to download the Alipay app and sign up for an account. Then they can add their international credit, and debit cards and make their payments easily.
Benefits of Alipay:
- Just need to enter your PIN to make a payment online easily, convenient as it streamlines the process of paying.
- No need to carry large amounts of cash when you use Alipay.
- You can add more security features when you needed.
- Alipay is a widely recognized e-wallet service.
- Alipay users in China can now conveniently receive remittances from overseas directly to their Alipay e-wallet.
What is Walmart Pay?
Walmart to Walmart pay is also a type of money wiring service that makes it unique from other payment services like Google pay or Apple pay. Walmart has its own mobile payment method that is useful when you shop in Walmart stores. Walmart pay is totally different and easy to use your debit, credit card, and gift cards from your phone.
Safety of Walmart Pay:
Walmart pay is safe to use and they maintain several layers of security, continuously update their methods, and test their systems. The information in Walmart pays is always encrypted over a secure network called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). Walmart stores only verified payment methods. The card information never transfers to Walmart stores. The credit card must include CVV codes and they never share private information with anyone.
How to set up Walmart Pay:
Using Walmart pay is simple and speeds up the checkout process when you shop at Walmart stores. You can download Walmart app to your android or iOS device and then you need to follow simple steps to get started with Walmart pay. Open the Walmart app and find Walmart pay under the services tab in the menu bar at the bottom.
Then create a new account or log into your Walmart.com account. Add a payment method with a debit card, a gift card, or a rewards credit card. Enter your PIN or biometric identification. Then hold your phone over the QR code to scan that one. Once you hear a chime, your purchase is complete.
Benefits of Walmart Pay:
- Walmart pay lets you check out totally touch-free payments.
- Walmart purchases are kept in one place and you can see how much you’re spending each month on your purchases.
- All your receipts remain in the app, then no need to worry to find a paper receipt when you have a return.
- Walmart serves as a backup payment method in case you forget your wallet.
- Walmart pay is a very fast and more secure payment method than other payment wallets.
What is Dwolla?
Dwolla is a white-label service company that provides businesses with a connection to the ACH Network or RTP Network payments at low fees. That means you can add the software to your platform and customize it to match your business’s branding. Dwolla was launched by the founders Ben Milne and Shane Neuerburg in the United States on December 1, 2010. It is a good option for businesses that only accept payments via bank transfer.
Safety of Dwolla:
Dwolla maintains a SOC 2 Type 2 report for their platform and a PCI DSS certification for their push-to-debit offering to assure their customers that they are taking appropriate steps to protect systems and data. Dwolla verifies customer bank accounts and they have several layers of security to reduce the risk of ACH returns and fraud. Dwolla protects your data from adversaries and encrypts all information being sent over its network. They use the latest infosec practices that are being used to protect their customers.
How does Dwolla works?
This Wallet, Dwolla gives you the facility to transfer money directly from your bank account to the bank account of someone who you want to pay. Dwolla enables businesses to accept ACH payments without using cash, credit, debit, or check. Dwolla offers apps for iPhone and Android devices. Then you can create, and maintain your Dwolla account. You can even tweet money with it and can handle your cash recipient, the amount you’re transmitting.
The money gets deposited to the recipient’s Dwolla account in real-time by adding “#dwolla” on Twitter. ACH is the most famous payment system for transferring money electronically in the U.S. ACH payments come with a lower processing fee and ACH payments are very easy to accept because bank account numbers change far less frequently than credit card numbers. So, the customers can easily work with Dwolla.
Benefits of Dwolla:
- In Dwolla white-label payment solution is available.
- Many developer tools are available in Dwolla.
- Giving extensive customer support options for paid plans.
- Dwolla offers pay-as-you-go ACH processing.
- Dwolla charges low transaction fees.
What is Vodafone-M-Pesa?
Vodafone and Safaricom the largest mobile network operator in Kenya provides M-Pesa a mobile banking service that allows users to store and transfer money through their mobile phones. M-Pesa launched in 2007 as a mobile phone-based money transfer service, payments, and micro-financing service. M-Pesa gives users to deposit, withdraw, transfer money, pay for bills, goods, and services, and access credit and savings, all with a mobile device. The service has been lauded for giving many people to access the formal financial system and for reducing crime in otherwise largely cash-based societies.
Safety of Vodafone-M-Pesa:
M-Pesa gives more security features for your all banking and financial services. M-Pesa registration happens only at registered M-Pesa stores and M-Pesa services are offered to Vodafone customers by only M-Pesa agents. Users need to create his/her own choice 4-digit numeric PIN that is required for verification purposes before initiating a transaction on the M-Pesa system. This means that M-Pesa on his/her phone is only allowed by the authorized account owner who has completed the KYC.
How does Vodafone-M-Pesa works?
Customers can register for the M-Pesa service at authorized agents and often some stores, banks, other retailers, etc. Then once they have registered customers can send money to others by entering a PIN number and both parties receive an SMS confirming the amount that has been transferred. Then the recipient receives the electronic money in real-time and redeems it for ash by visiting another agent or can spend it at an M-Pesa merchant.
Benefits of Vodafone M-Pesa:
- M-Pesa supplies a fast, safe, and low-cost way to pay, transfer, receive and store money.
- No need to be stuck in long queues, traveling long distances to deposit or withdraw money.
- Every transaction is triggered by the active mobile number and the confidential PIN of the user.
- M-Pesa instructions are executed via simple messages.
- If you have any issues, quickly provide technical support by Vodafone via email or call centers.